What is a LEED® Certified Home?
Yes we have our first LEED certified home under construction and have one of our Project Managers getting LEED accredited and we are encouraging all of our clients to go GREEN. We were the first contractor in the State to have solar water heating as a standard feature on all of our homes. We have also been using high efficiency A/C, Tech Shield radiant barrier roof sheathing, dual glazed windows and Energy Star Appliances as standards in our homes for many years.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ is the nationally accepted standard for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings.
LEED certification for new construction is based on specific actions in multiple categories, such as:
- Water Use | Landscape with native plants, capture rainwater runoff
- Energy | Install solar panels, buy energy from a renewable resource
- Materials Selection | Build a recycling room, recycle 50% of construction waste
- Indoor Environmental Quality | Use low-emission, low-toxicity paints
- Innovation | Have a LEED-accredited professional on the project team