Energy-Saving for Custom Homes
From intelligent insulation to glass that generates solar energy, 3D Builders is constantly improving their custom home construction. By using new products to create more comfortable, economical and sustainable living, 3D has responded to the challenges our unique island environment by breaking ground for the first LEED certified home on Maui.
What is a LEED® Certified Home?
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ is the nationally accepted standard for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings.
LEED certification for new construction is based on specific actions in multiple categories, such as:
- Water Use | Landscape with native plants, capture rainwater runoff
- Energy | Install solar panels, buy energy from a renewable resource
- Materials Selection | Build a recycling room, recycle 50% of construction waste
- Indoor Environmental Quality | Use low-emission, low-toxicity paints
- Innovation | Have a LEED-accredited professional on the project team
Better Building Practices
3D Builders has always recognized that style and environmental benefits go hand in hand with building green. For example, now that solar energy can be collected through photovoltaic roof tiles instead of enormous elevated panels, efficiency can be subtle and even elegant. Indoors, advancements in appliances and lighting have enabled a fresh compatibility between energy conservation and panache.
Amazing, custom homes begin with 3D Builders. As new homes are built here on Maui, it is refreshing that when it comes to leading edge design, convenience and quality island living, there are builders that can turn dreams into reality.
CLICK to download PDF.